Scottish Shortbread Recipe
Ingredients for Scottish Shortbread:
1 lb Butter, 1 1/4 cups Sugar, 1 cup Rice Flour (Slade’s is best if you can find it), 4 cups All Purpose Flour (I prefer Gold Medal)
Directions for Scottish Shortbread:
1. Pour the sugar over the butter and let stand at room temperature until the butter is soft. Do not try to rush this step!
2. Mix the two flours together and then blend in the other ingredients.
3. Knead forever!
4. Roll out to 1/4 on a floured board.
5. Cut into desired shapes and prick with a fork.
6. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 350F, watching very carefully to prevent overcooking.
7. Allow to cool before serving.
SHARE With Your Friends: Also SEE: