Irish Roast Pork With Potato Stuffing
Ingredients for Irish Roast Pork With Potato Stuffing:
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, or 6 to 8 boneless lean pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hard cider (apple wine) or water
- stuffing (see below)
- salt and pepper
Directions for Irish Roast Pork With Potato Stuffing:
Rub meat with salt, pepper and butter. Pour cider or water into 3 -quart casserole dish. Place meat along edges of dish. Cover loosely with foil and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees (F).
Makes 6 servings.
Ingredients for Potato Stuffing:
- 4 1/2 cups potatoes, coarsely mashed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion
- 2 large cooking apples, chopped
- 1 handful chopped fresh sage and thyme
- Salt and pepper
Directions for Potato Stuffing:
To potatoes, add butter, onion, apples, herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well.
SHARE With Your Friends: