Makes 4 loaves.
** Ingredients **
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups corn flour
2 cups warm water (110F, 45C)
1/4 cup warm water (110F, 45C)
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
3 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sesame seeds
** Procedure **
1) Pour 1/4 cup of warm water into a small bowl, and sprinkle the yeast
over it. Stir until dissolved.
2) Thoroughly mix the flour and cinnamon together. Then make a well in the centre, and put into it the dissolved yeast, sugar, oil, and 2 cups of
warm water. Gradually stir the flour into the liquid mixture until the
dough is thoroughly mixed. The dough will now be sticky.
3) Put the dough on a floured table top. Then knead, adding more whole wheat flour if necessary, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4) Place the dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl. Then turn the dough to
oil all sides. Cover with a dry towel, and then let stand until it has
doubled in size (about 1 hour).
5) Punch down the dough and then divide into 4 equal portions. Shape each one into a ball. Lightly rub each one, and then put them back into the large bowl. Then cover with the towel for 20 minutes.
6) Roll each portion into an oval (6″x12″, 15x30cm). Place on ungreased
baking sheets. Using the side of your thumb, make lengthwise ridges 1″
apart on each. Then brush each one with milk and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds over top. Let them rest for 15 minutes.
7) Bake at 325F (160C) until golden brown (20 to 30 minutes). SHARE With Your Friends: