Hearty and filling, this kidney beans salad is simple yet beautiful and delicious. It’s packed with fiber and protein and makes a wonderful Weight Watchers side dish for lunch or dinner. Any leftovers taste great the next day too.
Ingredients for Kidney Beans:
- 1/2 kg. kidney beans
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seed oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 spring summer savory
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Ground red pepper, to taste.
Directions for Kidney Beans:
Wash the beans and put them into a pot. Fill the pot with cold water to cover and pour the water out when it boils. Fill the pot with boiling water and simmer the beans together with a sprig of summer savory. During the simmering, if necessary, add only boiling water. When the beans are tender take the savory out and add finely chopped onions and herbs, vinegar, salt pepper and sunflower seed oil. The kidney beans can be served either immediately or at cool room temperature.
SHARE With Your Friends: