Ingredients for Chakhokhbili :
- 1 medium chicken
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 50 gram butter
- 1/2 kg. tomatoes or 1 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh summer savory, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Freshly ground black papper
Directions for Chakhokhbili:
Wash the chicken thoroughly and cut it into pieces, wash it once more and put into a pot to stew. When it simmers, pour the juice into another pot. Add butter to the chicken and fry it al over, until browned. Pour the juice back into the pot with the chicken and add finely chopped onions.
When the chicken is tender, add peeled and finely chopped tomatoes or tomato juice to it. 10 minutes later add finely chopped herbs, salt and pepper. Simmer the dish for 5 minutes more. Serve immediately.
SHARE With Your Friends: