Potato Scones Ingredients:
— mashed potatoes
— All-purpose Flour
Measurements vary depending on how much mashed potatoes are used.
1. Mix flour and mashed potatoes together in a bowl. Use a small amount of flour at first, you can add more as you go. Begin rolling the mixture into a dough, add more flour as needed. The dough should not be sticky.
2. Place the dough mixture on a flat surface. Knead until smooth. Roll the dough until it is approximately 1/2cm thick.
3. Begin warming a frying pan on med-hi heat, this may work on a griddle, I don’t have one so I use the frying pan and it works fine.
4. Cut dough into approx. 4″ squares (you can make them any shape you want). Place the squares in the frying pan until medium-dark brown flecks appear. DO NOT USE ANY OIL!!
5. Remove the potato scones from the heat to cool.
6. When they have cooled store in the refridgerator until ready to eat.
WHEN READY TO EAT:
1. Warm frying pan, use enough oil to just cover the bottom of the frying pan. Fry the scones for 1-2 minutes then serve.
These are used as a breakfast food. Best accompanied with bacon, eggs, fried tomatoes and sausages for a traditional fry-up. SHARE With Your Friends: