Use a pressure cooker. It will cut down on your time substantially.
1. Fry 1/4 cup of moog daal (dry-fry) til they are light brown.
2. Add four cups of water and boil the daal (turn off the gas just before the first whistle).
3. Put in 1/4 cup of moshoor daal (washed) and 1/2 cup of rice in the same container. Steam it until you get one whistle (again).
4. Fry big pieces of potato and cauliflower and small pieces of onion on a pan. Save them. Then, on the same pan, throw in one teaspoon of grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 1/2 tomato (cut pieces), 1-2 green chilli, salt and sugar.
5. Fry these ingredients on a low heat and let the flavor of the spices rise. Don’t overcook them. Turn off the gas.
6. Open the lid of the pressure cooker and put in all the vegetables and spices. Stir it well.
7. Put the lid back on and cook for another whistle. Your kichhuRi is ready.
8. Eat. Could make use of papaR bhaja, achaar, or other goodies (Ilish maachh bhaja?). SHARE With Your Friends: