MoogdAl 1 cup
PolAu Rice 2 cups
Finely diced ginger 2 tsp
Salt 1 tbsp
Cinnamon Sticks 2/3
Bayleaf 2 [small ones]
Ghee 1/2 cup
1. Wash the rice
2. Fry the dAl separtely for a while.
3. Lightly fry in ghee the ginger and bay leaves.
4. Then add the rice, dAl, and salt, fry for about 10 minutes. Medium to medium high heat
5. Add five cups of boiling water and the salt.
6. As soon as the water comes up to boil, put a lid on it. 🙂
7. Simmer in low heat for 20/25 minutes
8. You could add beresta to it or you could make it spicier by adding turmeric and chilli powder. I use 1/2 tsp of the former and 1 tsp of the latter. [I like it hot] SHARE With Your Friends: