Es Cendol (Indonesian Cold Dessert)
It is a popular Indonesian Cold Dessert that people who have visited Indonesia usually miss a lot.
One pack (12 oz.) of frozen “BANH LOT” (available at oriental store)
One can of coconut milk, preferrably one made for dessert
1/4 lb. of Coconut sugar or “Gula Jawa” (brownish colored)
1. Thaw the ‘Banh Lot’ in cold water, rinse once or twice afterwards
2. Boil the coconut milk with coconut sugar until they are completely mixed together
3. In an individual serving glass (or dessert bowl), put in:
– 3 to 4 tbs. of Banh Lot
– 4-5 tbs of the mixing of coconut milk and coconut sugar
– add cold water (1 tbs) and ice cubes (can be crushed, if wanted)
4. Serve immediately, more of the ingredients can be added to taste.
Banh Lot is a Vitnamese food (but I found it taste similar to the ‘cendol’ of Indonesian. It is a frozen product, hence found in the freezer section.
Recent Search Terms:
- es cendol recipe (16)