Sour Milk Dessert (Surmjolkurhlaup)
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 c Sour milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 c Whipping cream (or up to -1/2 cup)
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 tb Rum, or vanilla, or grated -rind of lemon or orange
- 3 tb Gelatin
- 1/2 c Cold water
- Soften gelatin in the cold water and dissolve over hot water.
- Beat sour milk with sugar thoroughly.
- Add to softened gelatin with vanilla or rum or grated rind.
- When beginning to set, fold in the stiffly beaten cream.
- Pour into mold rinsed with cold water and sprinkled with sugar.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Unmold on serving plate and decorate with fresh or cooked fruit or berries.
- May also be served with a caramel sauce.
SHARE With Your Friends:
Look at the other similar posts: