Egg Cheese – Munajuusto
— 3 l milk
— 1 l sour milk
— 4 eggs
— 1 tsp salt
1. Bring the milk almost to boiling point. Combine the eggs and sour milk and add to the hot milk, stirring gently.
2. Continue to cook the milk over low heat, stirring until it curdles. Remove the saucepan from the stove and let the whey separate in a warm place for half an hour.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the curds to a sieve lined with muslin. Lightly press the whey out. Add the salt, stirring in well.
4. Place a light weight on the cheese and leave it to stand in a cold place overnight.
5. Next day, turn the cheese onto an ovenproof dish. Brush the cheese with egg and bake at 250 °C until nicely brown.