Toasted Marshmallow And Ginger Birthday Cake
Cook:1 hr, 15 mins.
Serves 8 – 10.
Decorative Italian meringue layered masks buttercream- a flavorful, moist ginger cake with ginger bake an amazing.
Toasted Marshmallow Birthday Cake Recipe
— 225g plain flour.
— 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
— 2 tsp ground ginger.
— 100g butter, plus a little extra for greasing.
— 125ml whole milk.
— 100g black treacle.
— 140g golden syrup.
— 100g dark muscovado sugar.
— 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
— 3 medium egg yolks, whisked with a fork (save the whites for the icing).
Ingredients for the ginger buttercream:
— ½ tsp ground ginger.
— 200g icing sugar
— 4 smalls stem ginger, finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp syrup.
— 140g butter, softened.
Ingredients for the toasted marshmallow icing:
— 175g golden caster sugar.
— 3 medium egg whites.
— large round piping nozzle.
— piping bag.
— 3 sparklers to decorate (optional).
— cook’s blowtorch.
Toasted Marshmallow And Ginger Birthday Cake Recipe
1) Melt the butter, sugar, molasses and syrup in a small saucepan, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 160C / 140C fan / gas 3. Grease and line a £ 2 Bin pan with baking paper (our tin was 22 x 7 x 7 cm).
2) In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pouring the warm syrup and milk mixture, followed by the egg yolk. Have whisk to a smooth dough. Pour. Into the tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean Cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then cut the top to give a smooth surface. Flip on a wire rack and remove the baking paper. Allow to cool. Can now be covered with plastic wrap and held for up to 5 days.
3) To make the butter cream, put the ingredients in a large bowl and mash together with a fork or spatula (this prevents the powdered sugar from going anywhere). If, for example, in conjunction, mix until smooth with an electric hand whisk.
4) Now make the marshmallow icing. Put the egg whites, sugar, 1 tablespoon water and a good pinch of salt in a heatproof bowl. Pointing to a pot of boiling water make, that the shell does not touch the hot water and wipe until thick and leaving a prominent way of bats – which will take about 4 minutes. Remove the bowl from the heat and continue whisking for another 3 minutes until light and very stiff cooled. Transfer half furnished to a piping bag with a large round vents and set aside.
5) When you are ready to assemble, slice the cake lengthwise into three equal layers. On a cake stand or plate, assemble the cake, with the largest share of the bottom, layering with the butter cream.
6) Using a small offset spatula or small butter knife, cover the cake with marshmallow icing left in the bowl. Use the spatula to vertical lines at the edges (see Tip) create. Now, with the piping bag to the tube tips meringue over the top of the cake. Use a kitchen blowtorch, the meringue golden brown toast – a few charred patches will add to the effect. Serve immediately or cold for up to 2 days, removing from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. We decorated with sparklers.
SHARE With Your Friends: