Ruffle Birhday Cake With Mapple and Pear
Prep: 1 hr, 30 mins.
Cook: 40 mins.
An adult, lightly spiced sponge that is trapped in the pears in maple syrup and topped with caramelized meringue butter.
— 325g plain flour
— 25g cornflour
— 225g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
— 175g golden caster sugar
— 175g light brown soft sugar
— 4 large eggs
— 1½ tbsp baking powder
— 300ml full-fat milk
— 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
— 1 tsp ground ginger
— 1 tsp mixed spice
— edible gold spray (optional), to decorate.
Ingredients for the caramelised pears:
— 4 large conference pears, ripe but firm
— 3 tbsp maple syrup
— 2 tbsp unsalted butter
— juice ½ lemon
Ingredients for the meringue buttercream:
— 320g light brown soft sugar
— 480g unsalted butter, softened
— 4 large egg whites
— 6 tbsp maple syrup
Ruffle Birhday Cake Recipe:
1) Preheat oven to 180 ° C / fan 160 ° C / gas 4 and lubricants 3 x 20 cm sandwich Canned, lining the base with baking parchment and grease the parchment too.
2) To sponge, put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs gradually, beating until it completely before more involved. In another bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and spices. Stir in dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with the milk. Divide the batter among the prepared tins, smooth surface and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool Let cake in the bank for 10 minutes, then turn out on the grill, peel off the parchment to cool completely.
3) For caramelized pear peel, core and dice into small cubes and tossed with lemon juice as you go. Council in a pan with butter and maple syrup, evaporated and cook over medium heat until the pears are tender and most of liquid. Set aside to cool.
4) For the butter cream, put the egg whites and sugar in a large heatproof bowl (cup your desktop mixer if you have one) and put it melt over a pan of barely simmering water. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved completely – can it in a bowl and rub against each other, they check, dropping two fingers; If you do not feel any grains of sugar, the mixture is ready. Take, take the bowl from the pan and whisk electric whisk (or do not use a mixer) until a thick meringue forms. Continue whisking until the meringue is not cooled to room temperatury.
5) Slowly beat in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. The mixture should look smooth and silky butter – if it is not, continue to whisk until it works. If he still refuses to thicken, it may be, the mixture is still warm, so cool for 10 minutes, then wipe on. Whisk in the past maple syrup.
6) To assemble the cake, place the first cake on a plate or dish and spread a thin layer of butter cream. Top with half of the caramel pear pieces, discarding any remaining liquid. Repeat, finishing third with a sponge.
7) To finish, spread a very thin layer Buttercream the sides and top of the cake – a “crumb coat” is called. Now spread a thick layer of butter cream on the cake. Place the remaining butter in a pastry bag with a small tip of the petal tube (see Tip) is. Keep the pastry bag with the wide end of the nozzle touching the side of the cake, all the way down. Wiggle bag gently back and forth, back and forth, in a move zig-zag, the development of a cake in the band. Repeat from next to the previous band every time, all the way to get around the cake until it is completely covered. To complete the edge of the top of the cake (which will not sweep off without corners and edges on the top of the zigzag), 1 set of pipes Buttercream. If you want a little sparkle to stop eating cake with a coat of gold spray. Best served within 2 days ago, but the cake up to 4 days.
SHARE With Your Friends: