1 1/2 pkg active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup yogurt
1 lightly beaten egg
5 tbsp melted ghee (or clarified butter)
2 tbsp poppy or sesame seeds
1. Put yeast, sugar and 5 tbsp water in small bowl. Stir. Let stand about 5 minutes until foamy.
2. Sift flour and salt into large bowl. Make a well in center.
3. Add egg and yogurt to yeast mixture. Add 5 tbsp warm water. Stir and pour into the well in the flour. Stir from center until mixed to a smooth batter.
4. Stir in ghee.
5. Knead on board 15-20 minutes or about 2 minutes in food processor. Dough should be elastic but not sticky.
6. Put in covered bowl and allow to rise until double (about one hour).
7. Divide ball into eight pieces. Knead each lightly, flatten ball, pull into an oval forming a sort of pear shape.
8. Put on baking sheet(s), cover with damp cloth, allow to rise about 15 minutes.
9. Brush with ghee and sprinkle with seeds. (Optional)
10. Bake in pre-heated 450 degree oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.SHARE With Your Friends: