Use an electric rice cooker.
1. Take 1 cup of “moong” daal and 4 cups of “pulao” rice in a rice cooker. Wash the mixture and drain out excess water.
2. Add 2 cups of fresh or previously-frozen mixed vegetable pieces (broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peas, long beans, carrot, corn etc.).
3. Add small-cut pieces of one medium onion and four standard jalapeno peppers.
4. Add 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin (jeera), 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander (dhonia), 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric (holud), 1/2 teaspoon of ground garlic (roshun).
5. Add 1/2 cup of your favorite cooking oil, and stir well for a very good dry mixture.
6. Now, add 9 (nine) cups of warm water, put the lid on the cooker and turn it on.
That’s it………….. Your Khichuri will be done and will keep warm for you, whenever you want to eat……… You don’t have to stand alert while cooking.
Hope everyone enjoys their Khichuri………SHARE With Your Friends: Also SEE: