two and one-half cups flour
three-quarters cup sugar
three-quarters cup butter
one-half teaspoon baking powder
one-half teaspoon baking soda
one-quarter teaspoon salt
three-quarters cup sour cream
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 8oz. package cream cheese
one-quarter cup sugar
one-half cup raspberry jam
one-half cup sliced almonds (2oz. package)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in the butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1 cup of the crumbs for topping.
2. To remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, egg and extract. Blend well.
3. Spread batter over bottom and 2 inches up sides of a greased and floured 9 inch spring form pan. Batter should be one-quarter inch thick on sides.
4. In small bowl, combine cream cheese, one-quarter cup sugar and egg; blend well. Pour over batter in pan. Spoon jam evenly over the cheese filling. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of reserved crumbs and almonds; sprinkle over top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until cream cheese is set and crust is a deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes, remove sides and cool completely. Serve warm or cold, but I prefer at room temperature.